Monday 27 June 2011

"Bells Across the Meadows"

I mentioned in an earlier post that the first CDs I ever owned were those from a classical musician named Albert Ketèlbey. The first song of his I remember hearing was "Bells Across the Meadows" on a classical music channel on TV, and I loved it almost immediately. Last night, I went onto YouTube to see if there were other renditions of the song, as I was curious, and I came across the following video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTSmtYWrXNA

It has a great sound to it, and all the vocals are good (this is first version I have heard of "Bells Across the Meadows" with any vocals to it): I admit I do not understand the lyrics, but that does not affect how wonderful they sound and complement the song. The original song is one of my favourites, and this rendition is a nice one: I am really glad that the Cantoria Sacra Famiglia performed it and I had the chance to see their performance, I really think they did a fine job.

No comments:

Post a Comment