Sunday 28 February 2016

Zloty 50 note

While in Poland, the currency I used there was the zloty. Here is as example of a 50 zloty note...

...from its front...

...and from its back. One British pound is worth about five zloty, so the above note was worth ten pounds. Ten pounds goes further in Poland than in the United Kingdom because prices are cheaper there; however, it's only cheaper for people who visit the country and have currency worth more than the zloty. On Polish wages, prices are about the same as they are here.

I have several Polish coins, which I'll post here soon. I took the above photographs while I was still in Poland.

2 comments:

  1. I've figured as much with the wages thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I don't think many Poles would appreciate being told their country is "cheap" when for them that's not the case!

      Delete