Friday 26 February 2016

Return from Poland

Yesterday at night, we flew back to the United Kingdom from Poland; it was past 11:00 when we returned and I waited until 12:10 for my Skylink bus back to Nottingham. My aunt picked me up once I was back.

The Poland trip was highly beneficial for several reason: (1) I had the chance to experience Auschwitz-Birkenau. (2) I listened to a talk from a Holocaust survivor who was present in the room with me. (3) I experienced another country and (4) I met people from other classes while bonding with some members of my own class some more.

While I intend to post some pictures of the sites on my blog at a later date, I'm not sure how much I'll go into my feelings about all the historical aspects of the trip. The Holocaust is a heavy topic.

Finally, I am sorry for my delay in approving and replying to comments that people have posted while I was away; typing on my phone is hard and so I kept to writing short posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment