Monday 22 February 2016

Poland

Tomorrow, I'm flying out with several of my classmates to Poland. It is a trip to Auschwitz, organised by my Sociology teacher and is open to anybody taking an Access or Pre-Access course at my college. We return late on Thursday evening.

This will be my first time outside the United Kingdom since I moved here, my first time flying without family and my first time outside the airport of a country that doesn't speak English as its dominant language (I've been to the Netherlands but only to Schipol).

4 comments:

  1. I don't know if I could visit somewhere where I or the people didn't speak a language I knew, I'd be very scared unless going in a group.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were mostly in a group. The only people I interacted with who didn't appear to speak English at all were a couple of cashiers.

      Delete