Thursday 17 September 2015

United States-China environment cooperation

I saw this article posted to President Barack Obama's Facebook page:


I am delighted that the United States and China are both working together to curtail the amount of pollution they each generate. The two nations might disagree on a variety of issues but it pleases me when they find common ground and that good feeling is further increased when it's on an important issue such as the environment.

I tend to dismiss comments that debate whether or not climate change is man-made because I think that reducing pollution is a noble goal in itself. Why would anyone want to live in a toxic world?

2 comments:

  1. Xi is coming to the Microsoft campus on Wednesday of next week and I volunteered to be on the greeting committee. I'm also happy to hear America agreed with China to limit pollution! It's all exciting stuff!
    http://www.seattletimes.com/business/economy/chinese-leader-xis-seattle-visit-confirmed/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh...does that mean you'll get to meet two presidents? :D ;)

      Delete