Monday 29 June 2015

Bloggers Blog Party - May 2015

May 2015's pictures for the Secret Life of Bloggers Blog Party are insanely late, as April's were, but here they are:

Friday 1st May: This sheet of paper contains the questions that were asked during the January 2011 English exam. My classmates and I used these questions and some from other years as preparation for our own exam.

Sunday, 3rd May: I photographed this large and obnoxious political support sign along a major road; my picture was merely to keep a record of the huge sign - which was the biggest I observed during the election season - not to endorse any political party. Still, I took the picture from this odd angle because the sign was on a busy road and I thought it might have looked strange me photographing it!

Also on this day, I photographed Nottingham Castle from a lower-ground level; I don't ever recall seeing the castle from this angle prior to this day.

Saturday, 9th May: This is a cheese bap from a Co-operative store bakery. It was delicious, as the cheese baps always are. Definitely recommended!

Tuesday, 12th May: I rested briefly near this fishing lake on one of my long walks.

Saturday, 16th May: During "Hucknall, mach 4", I stopped off at a burger stand in Bulwell, a major Nottingham sector. The lady who cooked the burger apologised for running out of bacon.

Monday, 18th May: See that building in the distance, the Britannia Hotel? That was where two of my classmates and I had our first Mathematics exam, as the main college campus was too full to accommodate all the students undertaking the exam.

Friday, 22nd May: These are the vending machines in my college's canteen. I have occasionally purchased food from them.

Friday, 29th May: Mum heated a chorizo in the microwave; she was surprised by all the fat the microwave extracted from the sausage, hence this mess!

Saturday, 30th May: This is the first picture I took in Nottinghamshire after I returned for the second segment of my third term. It's a supermarket parking lot in a town called Cotgrave.

8 comments:

  1. I've never heard of a cheese bap. Very awesome photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what a cheese bap is, but it looks tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're just cheesy bread rolls and yep, they're tasty! :D

      Delete
  3. I got worried that my comment was insanely late, too, but then I noted the date of the entry. HI ANDREW I HOPE YOU DON'T MIND JESSICA'S FRIEND COMMENTING

    Aw. I endorse a political party! (My life's gone into politics by accident. I think. I might have read myself into it.) I kind of see UKIP on that poster. If it were a busy road, you picked a good time when few people had the chance to participate in the shot.

    I think my dad's been to Nottingham Castle, but I've not. I have yet to visit the UK, even if it were my initial international voyage destination choice. (Economics and academics decided China for me instead. Then friends and.... seriously the social security officers recommend Russia next. I've certainly read more than enough of Tolstoy, Dostoevsky, Pushkin, Lenin, et al...)

    *looks up a bap recipe* I've never had one of those before. They look interesting.

    Your fishing lake picture reminds me of going yesterday at 4:30 in the morning to the next state over for deep sea fishing ^_^ I got a little sunburnt, but not badly, since I did put on sunscreen. (I just burn anyway. It's a bit frustrating.)

    Does bacon often get included in burger concoctions? :O I'm a foreigner unfamiliar with these ways. I eat mostly Chinese, Japanese, and Thai food. My sister brought home some Korean stuff, too, but I don't like her Vegan stuff.

    But my English friends have been the ones who have instilled the enthusiasm for maths in me, so that's a big plus one for Great Britain!

    They called it a canteen at Guizhou University, too! The closest West Chester University (from whence Jessica and I matriculated in spring of 2013) had is a student union building. I did not have enough yuan to spare at GU, but at WCU I occasionally haunted the basement vending machines - more I used the ones in the music hall since they were more en route.

    Ooh, when I saw chorizo has traditionally been intestines, I remember that's what I insisted on picking from the Chinese menu when my friend invited me to eat dinner with him! (Not in a boyfriend/girlfriend context, of course. as he already has one of those.) ^_^
    That must have been... quite some exercise to clean after you finished your meal!

    How is Cotgrave?
    OK, I hope I didn't bother you too much with my more in-depth commentary. ^^ *disappear*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Claire! :) Of course I don't mind you commenting - you're both Jessica's and my friend but even if you weren't, you'd still be welcome to comment! :D

      I have some minor sunburn at the moment, too; it's extremely hot here at the moment - the hottest it's been in a very long time.

      I think it depends on the venue; some burger places have bacon in the burgers, others don't. I don't mind either way provided that I have a burger when I want one! I definitely recommend the cheese baps.

      The canteen at my college is also sometimes referred to as "the refectory", which is just a fancy way of saying canteen. :)

      I think the microwave took about ten minutes to clean - not to long at all.

      I don't really know Cotgrave that well; it looked fairly pleasant from what I saw. I'll have to walk there one day but not in this heat!

      You didn't bother me at all. :)

      Delete