Friday 20 February 2015

Exiting

This afternoon, my mother, brother and I went for a walk together. Our goal was to try out a coffee shop in the town centre, which opened in late-2013. We thought it would make a pleasant occasion for my last day in Northamptonshire for this visit.

When we entered the coffee shop and waited by the counter, the server there ignored us; two more servers came out and they, too, ignored us. We waited for over a minute before I said to my brother and mother that we should "skip this" and we walked out.

Call me impatient but after we'd been waiting and were obviously wanting to be served, I'd had enough of the servers ignoring us and I wasn't interested in whatever reasons they might have had for their behaviour; they could easily have politely asked us to wait a moment - we would have been willing to have done so. The coffee shop lost three customers, all of whom were willing to buy a drink and a cake each.

I shall not be returning to that establishment again.

6 comments:

  1. It's always frustrating to be ignored. It seems like the first server should have said something, however, maybe the second two thought you'd already been helped by the first who, again, should have said "I'll be with you in a minute" or something? IDK. Having worked in food service for like 10 years I try and be patient with servers, usually they are busy, have a million things going on, and aren't intending to ignore you. Then again, I wasn't there so maybe it wasn't like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll e-mail you a detailed account of what happened. :)

      Delete
  2. Yep, sounds like a certain shop I will refrain from naming...

    Sorry you had a bad experience. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't blame you, Andrew.

    ReplyDelete