Tuesday 12 February 2013

Kimbra and Gotye's Grammys

I didn't pay much attention to this year's Grammy Awards, but I was delighted to hear that Gotye and Kimbra had won Record of the Year and Best Pop Duo/Group Performance at the 55th Annual Grammy for "Somebody That I Used to Know". I've written a few posts where these two artists were mentioned, most notably this one and this one. Kimbra was merely someone I'd noticed by chance in a YouTube recommendation...I didn't anticipate her winning any Grammys so soon!

I was also pleased that Carrie Underwood and Kelly Clarkson won, for Best Country Solo Performance and Best Pop Vocal Album, respectively. The writers for Underwood's song "Blown Away", Josh Kear and Chris Tompkins, won a Grammy for Best Country Song.

It was also good that the Grammys didn't have one artist dominate the awards. It's nice to have a variety of people win rather than one person.

No comments:

Post a Comment