Sunday 3 June 2012

Two years

My family and I have now been back in the United Kingdom for two entire years. This is the first June in a few years where we are not in the process of moving: in June 2009 we were making preparations to return to the United Kingdom, in June 2010 we returned here, and in June 2011 we were moving from Cambridgeshire to Northamptonshire. It is a relief to not be currently worrying about moving.

Another difference is that June 3rd for those past three years has been a sunny/cloudy day, whereas today it has been raining. My brother and I went out for a walk earlier, despite the continuous rain, as I have managed to take a walk every day for this past week and I was not going to stop today. I have found in interesting that the week began with hot weather and now its cold outside; hopefully some warmer weather will return soon.

The past couple of years have not exactly been perfect for us, but we are still relatively "new" to this country and there are plenty of things we have to do/are still working on. In the immediate future we do have quite a few things to look forward to this coming summer, and I will be sure to write about them here.

6 comments:

  1. Wow it's been two years already? Time really does fly by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. moving is a total pain in the you-know what! I'm glad you're done with it for now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, yes it certainly is. :) I'm glad it's over for now, too. :) (Hope your own recent move has gone well. :))

      Delete