Tuesday 5 June 2012

Jubilee street party images

Here are twelve photographs that I took of the Diamond Jubilee street party, where both myself and my brother were in attendance yesterday afternoon. All images were taken with my main camera:

We arrived at the party around its starting time, and this image was taken shortly afterwards. At this point there were several clouds in the sky, and it had rained a little over a couple of hours before; the weather got better as the afternoon progressed.

The weather had improved substantially by this shot: the sun was out and the dark clouds had almost entirely moved away by then.

Cake time! There was a delicious selection of muffins, cupcakes, and pieces of regular cakes; as lovely as it all looked I decided to have only one piece of cake, though!

A perspective looking "down" the table. Between 200-300 people were expected at the event but there was room for 600 if necessary. I would guess that there were around 250 people there.

Now a perspective looking "up" the table.

Another perspective looking up the table.

This is at roughly three-quarters the way up the party. Some people decided to place their chairs on the corner!

I was standing in a similar position to where I was in the previous image, but looking down again. Note that some people have party hats...I was given one, too (still have the hat)!

I had to post a picture of the piece of cake I ate during the party; since this was at the Jubilee, I think it can be described as scrumptious!

This was taken when I sat down; in this picture I am looking up the table, and behind me were only a few people and empty seats (the end of the party was approaching).

Similar to the previous picture, just significantly more zoomed it.

At slightly past 5:00 in the evening the party came to a close, and this was one of the last pictures I took of the event. In this image the chair are in the process of being folded and taken away.

As for some of the events that took place at the party, a game called "pass the parcel" was played, there was a fancy dress contest and judging, and there was a raffle, but for the most part people just talked and ate; in addition, throughout the party there was music playing (which turned out to be an important piece of pass the parcel, for whenever the music stopped the parcel was opened).

Both my brother and myself are glad we attended, and we are honoured that we were a part of Queen Elizabeth II's Diamond Jubilee in some form (it was our first Jubilee, as we did not celebrate her Golden Jubilee ten years ago).

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh, looks like a blast. I am jealous. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a great time there! :)

      I did read that some parts of the US were celebrating the Jubilee. I'll have to read up on whereabout the celebrations took place and how they celebrated. :)

      Delete