Wednesday 2 May 2012

The birds in the house

There are two bird houses in our back garden. One is the U.S. Mail house we found buried in the bushes, and the other is a a plain wooden house. At the latter during this afternoon, three Blue Tits were showing a keen interest in it: one appeared to be already in the house and making a home while the other two were either fighting with each other or both trying to move in with the Blue Tit inside.

The Blue Tit in the above image is one of the two fighting/attempting to move in after it had just scared the other off. Even though I took this from inside our house, I was still lucky to get it because the birds were moving rapidly, and they rarely took the time to pause in the position this Blue Tit is in.

2 comments:

  1. Very beautiful. Your house looks quite quaint. My favorite type of scenery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to see if I can get some more pictures of the birds! :)

      Delete