Tuesday 21 June 2016

The advisor's return

As I wrote about in April 2014, my first interview at college was with an incredibly helpful progression advisor. She had me do an assessment on the day and she aided my application onto my first college course. Yesterday, for the first time since November 2014, I met with her; it had been my intention to e-mail her to let her know about how I've progressed but instead I had the opportunity to talk to her in person, thanks to one of her colleagues.

My progression advisor's response? She remembered my interview well and she was delighted at my progress; she was also pleased that I even wanted to tell her about my experiences at college. My advisor told me that most students usually forget about people in her position, so for anyone to come back and thank her was a pleasant surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment