Tuesday 12 March 2013

The cold winds

Just when we thought we'd seen the last of this winter's snow...it comes back! For each of the past couple of days we've had around an inch of fast-melting snow; last week's warm weather has vanished. We've barely seen the Sun in the past 60 hours, and whenever it has made an appearance the clouds have quickly covered it back up again.

This recent batch of snow hasn't been too much of a bother by itself; the problem has been the bone-freezing winds. I went for a walk yesterday afternoon, but I cut it short after the cold and powerful winds caused my face to feel as though I had placed a mask of ice over it. I achieved a normal-length walk today, but the winds were as cold (albeit not as strong) as they were yesterday.

Bring on spring! It's just over a week away!

2 comments: