Friday 20 April 2012

Exquisite timing

I had to go out earlier to mail a few letters. However, every time I wanted to go out the rain would immediately come pouring down and I would have to wait. After waiting half an hour for the rain to subside, I decided to put on my thick raincoat and walk as quickly as possible through the rain to the letterbox (bear in mind the letterbox is a few streets away).

When I arrived at the letterbox the rain started to come to an end, and before I was halfway back home the rain had stopped. Furthermore, the sun had come out from behind a cloud and I found myself warming up to the point where I had to unbutton and unzip my coat.

Ever since that walk it has not rained again today, yet. I just looked out the window to check and, no, it is not raining: in fact, it is quite bright outside the moment, albeit cloudy.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Andrew, it looks like the rain was just for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the whole time I was on the bus on Wednesday, the sun was shining brilliantly. as soon as I pressed the button to get off, it started hailing. HAILING. what is this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose we can say it's an honour for the weather to want to change just for us! :D (There was hail up here in Northamptonshire, too.)

      Delete