Monday 4 August 2014

Bloggers Blog Party - July 2014

I have six images for July 2014's Secret Life of Bloggers Blog Party post:

Wednesday, 2nd July: This is a piece of moss that had fallen off the roof of our house. It was either a bird or the rain that knocked it.

Saturday, 5th July: I used the cheese grater on two lemons to generate zest and afterwards Mum squeezed the lemons' for their juices. The juices and zest were used in a lemon drizzle cake for Dad.

Thursday, 10th July: The rain ruined the anti-dog mess signs that the local primary school students created. Since this picture, the signs have been removed.

Tuesday, 15th July: This is a menu for The Circle, a restaurant in the Nottingham area; I took this picture when we went to see my Hong Kong uncle. Can you spot the use of American English on the menu?

Wednesday, 23rd July: You can't see them, but water vapours were rising from these ice cubes. It was a hot day and I needed a cold drink.

Saturday, 26th July: On the first day of my recent visit to Nottingham, my brother noticed several nests of flying ants in my grandparents' back yard. I don't recall any action being taken against the ants, for they posed no threat to the house.

Also, it's now been a year since I started making The Secret Life of Bloggers Blog Party posts on a monthly basis; the party itself is over a year old but I made them weekly in June 2013.

6 comments:

  1. Is the American English at the bottom of the menu? :)

    I think this Friday will be my last party for a month or two; then I might make it monthly. I'm not sure yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ice cubes look like sherbet. Or Italian ice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FLYING ANTS? I didn't even know that was a thing?! What? That sounds terrible.

    ReplyDelete