Thursday 30 August 2012

Writing a speech

My blogging has been affected for the past few days because I have been thinking about and working on a speech (it is related to the photo book), and am suffering an extended period of writer's block (so annoying!). This speech will be the first one I've written that is independent from the dialogue of a character in one of my past writing projects; by extension, it will also be the first speech I have ever delivered.

It won't be very long piece, roughly a page in length translating to about a minute and a half when said aloud. I can't go into a significant amount of detail here for now, but writing the speech is complicated given that its subject relates to family (and my current bout of writer's block isn't helping either).

Still, it's a new challenge, and while I am somewhat nervous about the actual presentation I am confident that I will succeed and my speech will be well-received.

No comments:

Post a Comment