Saturday 4 August 2012

No raincoat

Well, I certainly made a mistake earlier. My brother, father, and I were all about to head out for a walk this afternoon when it started raining; it wasn't a light shower, it was a heavy downpour. From the look of the clouds we expected it to be a short spell of rain, and we were proved correct by the sun coming out and some blue sky returning.

With the weather appearing to be clearing, we went out for our walk; while my brother and father brought raincoats I did not, thinking that it wasn't going to rain, given the apparently dissipating clouds. However, when we were halfway through our walk the clouds had covered the skies again and we could hear thunder in the distance. As we continued to walk it started to rain, and then the water came down with an intensity similar to that of the rain earlier on in the afternoon.

Fortunately, my Dad had an umbrella with him, so we both stood under that for a while. Rather than standing in that same place for too long, I passed Dad my phone (he had a pocket in his coat where it would be shielded from the rain), and then we continued our walk. Despite the rain it was warm outside, so the water mixed with the breeze was pleasantly cooling.

The rain eased off and stopped again the nearer we got to home, but I was soaked and had to change my clothes when we arrived. The moral of the story? If it has been raining and there's a chance of it raining again, have a raincoat on standby!

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! Please send rain to the states, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome to have the rain we're currently having! :D

      Delete