Wednesday 7 December 2011

My "Recipes": Andrew's Fried Egg with Meat and Vegetables and Toast

The fourteenth and final episode of the  My "Recipes" series is called Andrew's Fried Egg with Meat and Vegetables and Toast:

Tomatoes
Toast
Avocado
Cheese
Fried egg
Cooked Turkey

How to make it:

Fry the egg then put it on the toast. Put the turkey on the egg then put the avocado on the turkey and then put the tomatoes on and then sprinkle cheese on it.
EAT!

My verdict: there is nothing wrong whatsoever with the meal itself...it is the instructions on putting the ingredients together that needs work here: to begin with, it does assume that the cook knows how to fry an egg, but I think that is a reasonable assumption in this case and I will comment no further on that part. However, the recipe states one of its ingredients as "avocado", but does not specify if the cook is supposed to put slices of avocado on the meal or to turn it into guacamole.

This also seems to be another recipe that cites "cheese" as an ingredient, but does not specify if it should be sliced, in pieces, or grated, until the the part that tells the cook how to put all the ingredients together. Finally, "Cooked Turkey" is ambiguous...does it mean a fresh turkey that has been cooked, or turkey from a packet that states it has been cooked?

Quibbles on the instructions aside, Andrew's Fried Egg with Meat and Vegetables and Toast seems a perfectly good recipe.
----

That is the end of the My "Recipes" series; I hope you have all found my old recipes at least interesting, or even good enough to want to try out! As I have said before, do let me know if you try any of my recipes: I am interested in knowing how they turn out for other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment