Tuesday 20 December 2011

"All I Want for Christmas Is You" - Mariah Carey

Since I have been listening to the radio on frequent basis, I have heard "All I Want for Christmas Is You" by Mariah Carey at most if not all Christmases from then up until and including now. The song is really beautiful, and it does not ever get tiresome no matter how many times it is played over the season. It is also an original song and co-written by Carey, not something she popularized by covering.

It is such an impressive song that every year since its release in 1994 it has returned to music charts all around the world: while we have heard it both in the United States and United Kingdom, my Dad was in Germany recently and he heard it over there. In addition to hearing the original version, the "Extra-Festive" and "Superfestive!" (with Justin Bieber) have also been played on the radio here.

Here is a link to "All I Want for Christmas Is You":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXQViqx6GMY

The song comes from her 1994 Christmas album Merry Christmas. The Extra-Festive version is on her 2010 Christmas album Merry Christmas II You, and I think the Superfestive! version with Justin Bieber will be on the deluxe edition for next year. I have Merry Christmas but not Merry Christmas II You: I am waiting for the deluxe edition first!

No comments:

Post a Comment