Sunday 4 June 2017

One Love Manchester

This evening, I was at my mother and brother's house, where I watched with them the One Love Manchester concert, headed by Ariana Grande after her concert was bombed over two weeks ago. As a way to support the victims and the city of Manchester, she arranged this benefit concert for them and hosted a range of other musicians, such as Take That, Robbie Williams, the Black Eyed Peas, Miley Cyrus, Pharrell, Little Mix and Liam Gallagher, among many others.

The theme of the concert was love and unity, which were emphasised throughout, as was the power of music. The power of music...reminds me of what I said in a very early blog post of mine:


Given what's been happening in the world as of late, I think we all need more love and unity.

2 comments:

  1. I do "love" that Cheeto Musonlini and his band of right-wingers used it as an excuse to ban immigrants. Wasn't the guy who did British-born? Where are they going to send him to? The hospital?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's where I miss Bush. Even he would have offered genuine support, not ridicule.

      Delete