Tuesday 18 September 2012

Back to a normal bed and mattress

Back in June of 2011 I wrote a short, positive review about inflatable beds/air mattresses. In the next couple of days I will be returning to a regular metal framed bed with a normal mattress.

I still stand by my opinion from back then that inflatable beds are very comfortable to sleep on. However, I also stand by what I said about the problem with the air chambers inside them popping. Unfortunately, my parents have had at least three inflatable beds pop since that post, and it became a huge pain (not to mention expensive) replacing their bed every three months. They ultimately made the decision to invest in a proper bed.

About a week ago, my brother's inflatable bed popped. Both his bed and mine had lasted well over a year to that point, making them the longest lasting air beds we've owned to date. While my bed is still okay, our beds are being replaced by normal beds, rather than with another inflatable one each; it may have been over a year since we received new beds, but no one should have to replace a bed every few months or every year.

If you get the chance to sleep on an air bed I strongly recommend it: they are truly lovely to sleep on, but given their susceptibility to popping they aren't good for sleeping on in the long term.

No comments:

Post a Comment