Friday 13 October 2017

Client-led workshops

The workshops for my Client-led Media module began this afternoon. Unlike last year in my video project module in which I knew most people in the session and the group I entered into consisted of fellow English and Media students, I knew no one in today's workshop and only met the lecturer yesterday afternoon. In these workshops we can plan our videos and edit them there but we can do this anywhere if we choose to do so; the workshops are merely the officially timetabled sessions for this module besides the lectures.

Still, several groups formed from the students in attendance and the group I'm in consists of four women from East Asia and me. At least one of them is from Hong Kong, which makes her the first person I've met who lives there who isn't my uncle or cousin. I've only met three of the four because one wasn't in due to illness but she is a friend of one of the others.

I wasn't sure about this module when I realised that I would not be with my exact coursemates but I'm happy with how it's turned out so far. It should be interesting and productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment